Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Medical Woes..

Up until now, we've been a pretty healthy family being here. Unfortunately, our luck ran out on April 21st. We were sitting watching a movie and I experienced the worst pain I've ever felt that shot from my right abdomen to my upper back. I got up and then started vomitting. Not knowing what was going on we got our neighbor up to stay with the kids and off we went to the hospital. We took a taxi and were there within 5 minutes. It is a local hospital, however has one floor for foreigners with after hours care. They took an X-ray and ultrasound and found out I had a kidney stone!! I was very relieved it wasn't my appendix (which I thought), but just wanted it out! Unfortunately, the hospital was my home for the next 3 days hooked up to an IV trying to get the stone out. No such luck though. Received a CT scan and was sent home. Having the tests done means I had to leave my nice little isolated floor and venture off into the local world, which was unbelievable!! There are seriously so many people, everywhere!! Patients lining the hallways, IV line up (which I had to get), and then fighting your way to get into the test!! I was in a wheelchair with 2 nurses fighting for me. When I finally got in I went to lay down on the table only to look over and see everyone starting at me through the doorway. And even worse they were pounding on the door while I was getting my test!! I found out later from the nurses, that it was a fight to whoever couldn't hold their bladder any longer :) LOL

Fortunately I haven't been in any pain since the 1st week after leaving the hospital, but need pain to know it's moving and on it's way out! It's been 5 weeks now and still bearing stone :( We are coming home next month, so will be making appointments if still in.

After our Hong Kong trip and spending the whole week with the kids we noticed that Brady's hearing wasn't good. He would repeat things back that wasn't even close to what we had said and constantly asked 'what?' for anything we said to him. When we came home I took him to an ENT doctor from Gernmany. She said that both of his ears had fluid in them and that his left ear the eardrum with getting sucked inward. She also stated he was only hearing at a 40% level.. Thankfully, I had done my research on a doctor and felt very comfortable with her and the facility and decided to go ahead with a new set of tubes for him. May 8th he rec'd his 3rd set of tubes. Everything went perfectly and we were home in 3 hours. The best part of this type of surgery is the immediate results you get. He was hearing right away and back at school the next day! What a trooper :)

Waiting in our surgery suite before surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment