Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More wandering...

I didn't take this picture, but was taken at the Shanghai Auto Show that's going on here right now. I personally could never imagine doing this, but unfortunately it's an all too common sight to see here. At least this kid had a bottle, usually it's either in a garbage can or just squatting on the ground!!

I had an 1 1/2 hours to kill while I waited for Chad's jeans at the Fabric Market and had my camera with me so I decided to wander around a very local area. One thing about being here is really how safe I feel. I was more worried about getting lost as I started going down alleys rather than for my safety. However, the farther out I got I started seeing more stray cats and dogs and that freaked me out so I turned around.

So here's some of the sights I saw walking down the roads..

This is a price list for a hair salon, however not too sure of what some of the items were :) Plate Made or do I even want to know, Nursing?!?! LOL

I would guess chickens, but can't be too sure on that one!!

Definitely not paying for the spa atmosphere :)

I saw a lot of dogs on my walk. This one was leashed up to a bike.

Dog grooming station

Getting a shampoo
The kids here wear these split pants. Thankfully most of them here have a diaper on, but I have seen plenty of bare bottoms here too! While I was at the fabric market we heard a lady humming and looked over and she was holding a bare bottom baby (like 4 months old) over a trash can trying to get them to go to the bathroom!

I'm guessing the end is near for these chickens..

People love their PJ's here. You seen them all the time walking around in them. I think it's hilarious :)

Naptime

Not sure if this was homemade, but it looks like a baby lawn chair on wheels :)

I always love seeing how much people can haul on their bikes..

Shanghai really has a ton of parks here. Now that the weather is nice I would like to take Brady to a new one each week to check them out. We did Fuxing Park and this week was Tianshan Park by Hongqiao (near Chad's work). It was a very local park as in we were the only non local there :) But it doesn't bother Brady as he gets along and plays with anyone with a ball or will run around with him.. And I love people watching so it was great for both of us.

I saw lots of bottoms this day at the park!

This sign was posted at the entrance. Love these rules!! LOL

Brady playing with bubbles and the other kids

No comments:

Post a Comment